I've Moved!



NB: I will no longer be posting on Blogger. You can now find my latest posts at:

JOBANKS.NET

Sunday 2 September 2012

EFT - Dealing with Anxiety





Taking a break from the job hunting theme of the last few posts, I wanted to share something with you that you may not have come across before and from your feedback about other posts I've done I know that some of you will benefit immensely from. 

EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or ‘Tapping’ is becoming increasingly popular in the self development/self help world because it can be used to quickly and easily alleviate and remove the blocks and help release the negative thoughts and feelings that hold us back from achieving our full potential. 

EFT is based on the discovery that imbalances in the body's energy system have profound effects on your personal psychology (kind of in the same way that acupuncture works). Correcting these imbalances, which is done by tapping on certain body locations, often leads to rapid remedies.

You need to suspend any scepticism and give it a go.  I was very sceptical despite my chosen profession, but every time I try EFT myself I always notice a huge positive change in my feelings, thoughts and emotions.  My clients have also reported the same.  Some have told me that they’ve experienced massive positive changes in their emotions especially when they are experiencing more severe negative emotions such as anxiety or fear/panic.

I originally got hold of an e-book written by Gary Craig who ‘invented’ EFT or at least brought it to the fore in the self development world, but that seemed a bit complicated so I searched YouTube to see if I could find a video on it.  Low and behold, I found loads and I’ve tested quite a few out but find that Brad Yates seems to be the best by far.  He has literally dozens of videos based on different subjects/common issues that people have which last between 5 and 15 minutes each.

I do have to stress that when you choose which ‘issue’ you want to tap on; don’t be surprised if it brings up some negative emotions that you weren’t even aware that you had and you may find yourself getting quite upset (not always, but I think it's important to point out).  Its part of the EFT process and is extremely normal and as you work through those emotions with the tapping and repeating what Brad says, those intense emotions will soon dissolve.  Honestly, it really is amazing, just stick with it.

My advice is to rate the intensity of the emotion you are feeling from 1-10 (10 being as strong as it gets) and then rate the feeling again after you’ve done the tapping.  If after the tapping the emotions is more still more than 4, go through the tapping again.

A very small selection of the topics that Brad taps on that I and my clients have found most useful are:

·         Anxiety

·         Fear and panic

·         What Other People Think

·         Trauma and Abuse

·         Clearing Resistance (to literally anything, you alter the wording to suit you)

·         Allowing Money

·         Exercise motivation

·         Positive Expectation

·         Clearing Guilt and Shame

Here’s just one of his videos and I know this one works particularly well for if you're experiencing anxiety.  When you get that tight 'flight or fight' feeling in your chest or stomach that makes it hard to breathe this is a particularly good exercise to completely remove those awful feelings.  As I said, it looks really odd, but give it a go and if you find it helps, search for his other videos on YouTube.  Do what Brad does and repeat the words after him.  You can substitute or add your own words about the particular issue you are feeling anxious about.  That helps even more.

 





I’d love it if you could let me know how you get on if you decide to give it a go.  Just click the comment box below and leave me a message.  I'll continue to scatter Brad's videos through different posts as I feel appropriate as I'm sure that will help a great many of you.

Have a wonderful week.

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment