I've Moved!



NB: I will no longer be posting on Blogger. You can now find my latest posts at:

JOBANKS.NET

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Your Emotions Tell You When You’re Lying to Yourself




I just wanted to share something with you that I learned at a seminar I attended a couple of years ago.  I just recently came across my notes from the day and thought you may find this little snippet interesting.  The seminar was called, “If the Secret’s so great, where’s my Ferrari” run by Jamie Smart of Salad Ltd.  (Incidentally if you haven’t read The Secret and The Power both by Rhonda Byrne, then I highly recommend that you do.  They both seem a little odd and a bit ‘new age’ at first, but I guarantee that if you practice what she says – and it’s very simple – you can make some really astonishing changes in your life).


Well, I’ve found this little bit of information extremely useful and each person I've told it to since has also had an 'ahhhhhh!' moment following it ... a moment of realisation. So here goes ...

Like I’ve said in previous posts, when you say negative things to yourself, it adversely affects your emotions and you may also experience physical symptoms such as a knot in your stomach.  Well, according to Jamie those physical symptons are actually your 'authentic self' (your spirit - your higher self - the non physical part of you, whatever name you have for that essence of you that is intangible) telling you that what you’re saying to yourself is in direct conflict with who you really are.  When I heard that, I thought it actually made a lot of sense.  Those feelings are a a warning that you are not being truthful to yourself and are a sort of 'call to action' to change your thoughts to more positive ones.


Next time you notice that you're beating yourself up and making yourself feel bad, notice that negative physical feeling that you have and know that it's your higher self telling you that you're lying!  Once you start noticing it, change what you're thinking about ... think about someone or something that you really love unconditionally, smile and breathe ... notice how your feelings change and that physical 'knot' quickly evaporates ... go on ... try it ... you'll be glad you did!


See you next time!


Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment